Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Target Trip - Saved a lot, but spent too much

It was actually a decent trip.  I didn't have too much on the list, but the store is very close to work so I don't mind the extra mile it tags on.

Tonight's list:

1. Neutrogena Natural Lip Balm $2.99

  • $1/1 coupon on Target's website and if you were lucky enough to snatch the beauty bag sample kit, it's in the coupon booklet
  • Also, supposed to be a $1/1 Neutrogena Lip or Eye Makeup in the 3/27 Smart Source insert, but I cannot find it in mine (although I did find a $3/1 Neutrogena makeup in there - hopefully it works)
2. Reynolds Slow Cook Liners
  • There's a $1/1 online printable
3. M&Ms Filled Egg
  • $2/2 M&M's in April's All You
4. Zyrtec (5 count)
  • $4 Target coupon
  • $2 Zyrtec online printable (also saw peelies on some products)
What really happened?  I couldn't find the Neutrogena Lip Balm, but got the other three items.  I also took my own bag so I got a 5 cent discount.  I might stop at another Target to find the Neutrogena and check out the Purex (snagged the $2 off Purex with Zout coupon) if it's on the way on my weekend shopping trip.

Final total?  Saved $9.24...actually $9.19 because I should have been given 5 cents but it was late and the cashiers were in a hurry so I ended up paying a nickel.  If you do the same trip without the bag then it would be a clear no money due.

If you're curious about where to find match-ups and coupons, I usually use www.southernsavers.com and www.coupondivas.com.  They both do a great job getting the best deals out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment