Tuesday, December 13, 2011

$100 Grocery Challenge

I've been an on-again off-again couponer for a while now.  I'm certainly not at the level of those on Extreme Couponing, but I still love getting a deal.  After watching a few episodes, I've come up with a new challenge for myself.  My goal is spend no more than $100 over a ten week period (so $10 a week) for groceries while growing my stockpile.  I feel like I cheated a little since I just went shopping and my fridge isn't completely empty.  ;)  I'm allowed to use my pantry/stockpile for meals.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it, because I have a few bad habits...like milk and fruit and chocolate.  I'll confess that at one point I was spending $100 a week (yes, a week!) just on groceries for myself from my favorite store, Central Market.  I'm not at that level any more, but I'm not excluding them from my stops because they do have some good deals, and (I think) better products.  I'm also allowed one lunch meal out a week with my coworkers.  It's a spoken rule that we must do this at least once a week or we are not good team members.

Start date: Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Spending for the week starting 12/13/11:

  • Asian pear $0.99 for 1 at $1/lb (it's a pretty huge pear)
  • Lean Cuisine Market Creations $2 after Cartbuster savings and coupon
  • Starkist Tuna pouch $0.50 after savings and coupon
  • Kellogg's Frosted Flakes (17 oz) 2@1.59 each after savings and coupon
  • Bird's Eye Steamfresh veggies (small bags) 2 @  $0.50 each after savings and coupon
  • Lean Pockets 4 @ 1.39 each (with in store coupon)
Total to date: $13.04

Okay, I'm already over my goal.  :(  I think I should be good for the rest of the week unless some can't miss deal comes along.

No comments:

Post a Comment