Saturday, December 31, 2011

I Feel Like Chicken Tonight

Like chicken tonight!  I picked up marked down chicken breasts at Target with a sell by date of tomorrow.  I'll definitely be cooking some up tonight and putting some in the freezer.  It took off a little under 40% off the ticket price.  Of course, I had to pick up some blackeye peas for tomorrow.  It seems like Christmas clearance at Walmart (non-food) is at 75% now, but candy is still 50%.  I still picked up a few more candy items because I love Butterfingers.  :)

What'd I pick up:

  • 38 oz (2 lb 6 oz) chicken breasts @ $3.19 or $0.08 cents an ounce ($1.34/lb), after store discount and gift card
  • can of blackeye peas, $0.09 after overage from another product
  • 3 bags of Nestle Butterfinger Jingles, $0.57 per bag after coupon
Rolling total to date: $37.76

So almost through week three and I think I have a pretty good amount of food to take me into week 4 with all the chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment