Sunday, January 29, 2012

I'm turning into a Chicken!

If you are what you eat, I'll be turning into a chicken very soon.  One of the Latin food stores was having a sale on whole chickens so I price matched my little heart out at Wal-Mart.  I'm set for protein for quite some time now.  Hopefully, all the stockpiling will tide me over for a while.  I also picked up a few freebies.  :)

Added to my kitchen:

  • Barilla whole wheat pasta @ $0.45 after store savings and coupon
  • 2 lb Ansera white rice @ $0.99 each on sale
  • Post cereal price matched to Latin store ad @ $0.99 after matching and coupon
  • 4 Hamburger Helpers price matched to Albertson's @ $0.67 after matching and coupon
  • 5.5 lb whole chicken @ $3.73 after price matching
  • 6.6 lb whole chicken @ $4.51 after price matching (I can't find the receipt, but I'm going off memory and that should be pretty close)
  • Land O'Lakes butter @ $2.73 after coupon (I was just running out so I bought it without checking for the best deal)
  • 2 boxes of South Beach bars @ FREE + money maker
  • 2 Ultimate Flurry Protein bars @ FREE
  • 1 Hershey's Bliss @ FREE + money maker after rain check and coupon
Rolling Total to Date: $66.30

I actually thought I was over budget, but I apparently didn't go shopping for a week going by the dates of previous posts.  I should be coming to the end of week 7 and still have a little under $4 to spare.  I think I'll go get some more avocados, oranges, and tortillas...although there's supposed to be a deal on Skinny Cow candy that sounds pretty good.  ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment